Tycoon Takedown by Ruth Cardello


Melanie Hanna has finally worked up the courage to travel to New York and tell an old flame that he’s the father of her young son. She’s done hiding and apologizing for her one impulsive night. When her best friend asks her brother to watch over Melanie, her emotional trip takes an unexpected and sizzling detour.

Charles Dery is at the top of his game, but all he can think about is bedding the woman he was asked to protect. When she’s almost killed, he takes what he’d been denying himself and discovers he’ll do anything to keep her—even break his own rules.

When it comes to love, two wrongs may just finally make a right.
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I loved this book... a few tears, a few giggles and a steamy romance to go with it... yep, a little bit of everything I love all in one book!
The first book of this series was one of my top favorite reads last year and if you haven't read it yet I highly recommend starting with Taken, Not Spurred. This second book can be read as a stand alone but it's more enjoyable if you know Sarah and Tony's story.
Melanie has been living with her son on Tony's ranch in Texas and working as his housekeeper. Charlie is a successful business tycoon who lives in New York. They met in the first book when Charlie came into town in an attempt to bring his sister Sarah back home where she belonged. After all was said and done, the one thing he could not get out of his head was Melanie. The fiery Texas country woman made an impression on him and he can't seem to get her out of his mind.
As fate would have it, Melanie finds herself traveling to New York to settle some of her past demons. And, while she's there these two can't help but cave into their carnal desires. Yes, things get very hot and steamy. :)
The thing that I loved about this book the most was that even though this couple had an undeniable physical attraction for each other, It didn't change the fact that they came from two different worlds AND that there was a little boy involved who Melanie had to put ahead of her own desires no matter what. The first half of the book was all lust and steam but the second half of the book became more emotional as they attempt to make compromises. Both of these characters had to sort out some damage from their past and do some healing before they were able to take their relationship to the next stage.
The star of the book was definitely Melanie's little boy Jace... he stole my heart... had me both giggling out loud and welling up with tears. I just can't say enough about this little guy. I loved the way the author used his character as a catalyst for Charlie's healing... I'm getting all choked up just thinking about it! I know... I know... I'm an emotional sap... and a big sucker for little kids with big hearts.
This series is also full of a great cast of supporting characters. I really loved Mason, Charlie's best friend. He was sexy, funny and a great friend to have around. Would love to see him get his own book. (hint hint)
This is a wonderful series for anyone who likes a little country mixed with their city... and, those who like a nice healthy mixture of erotica, humor and sappy heartfelt moments. I'm not sure if there is more to come but if so, I'll be the first in line. Very talented author... I'm a big fan!

ARC was provided by Montlake Romance

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts