What Happens in Scotland by Jennifer McQuiston

                                                                 What Happens in Scotland

A disappointing two stars for this one... 

Darn...  I really wanted to like this book.  Perhaps I went into it with the wrong expectations.  I was expecting humor and maybe a hot and budding little romance between two people who clearly weren't expecting to wake up married to each other.  The story got off to a good start...  Lady Thorold wakes up to a mysterious handsome Scotsman...  with no memory of how she got there and she has a ring on her finger.  But, what got off to a good start ended up turning into a very long, drawn out and boring story line.  She takes off suddenly from the room in a state of anxiety and then we spend the next 50% of the book reading page after page of them searching for each other again.  By the time they found each other I had already lost interest in the romance.  The story line for me was weak and unbelievable.   I could not relate to the characters at all and the romance was very, very rushed.  I am not a fan of the love at first sight scenarios...  They knew each other one whole day!  UUgghhhh.... 
Anyway...  clearly I am not a fan of this one.  It is a quick and easy read just not one that kept my interest.  Hope others have better luck enjoying this one than I did... 

~K

Comments

Popular Posts