Charley Davidson Series by Darynda Jones

                            
                           

First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1)Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2)Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson #3)Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4)



 “Never knock on death's door. Ring the doorbell then run. He totally hates that.
- T-shirt”

This quote is one of many throughout this book that makes this series a delightful read. It's just such a fun and entertaining story. Lots of laughs, great characters and an interesting twist on romance.
Charlie is the grim reaper... she sees dead people. If you think this might creep you out too much I would say don't worry... they are written in a very funny and entertaining way. I found myself looking forward to her encounters with these ghosts. Mr. Wong is my favorite... :) I do hope we find out what happened to him some day. He is a mystery...
Charlie is also a detective and her grim reaper abilities come in handy in solving crimes. Her best friend Cookie is her assistant and I love their relationship. Everyone needs a best friend like Cookie. They both share a love for coffee to a level that might qualify them for CAA... Coffee Addicts Anonymous. I am a coffee lover too so I totally get the addiction... so don't judge! :)
There is a nice twist in this story. She is being stalked by an "entity". This entity was a surprise character for me. He's a character with plenty of question marks around him and for hot and steamy reasons I found myself looking forward to their encounters.
This is still an ongoing series... I have loved all four books so far and am anxiously looking forward to more.
K-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is one of my all time favorites. That's saying a lot as this is a relatively new series. For some it's the sexy or the plot that draws them toward a book. For me it's the funny plus the sexy and the plot. This series has it in spades!

Few of my favorite quotes......

“That took balls."
"Please," I said with a snort, "that took ovaries. Of which I have two.”


“I may not look like much, but I'm an expert at pretending to be a ninja.”
 

T~

Comments

Popular Posts