Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs #1) by Maya Banks



Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #1)I cannot convey to you how completely taken aback I am by this book. The biggest reason is the author. It is just so unexpected from her usual subject matter.  Never Seduce a Scot is set in a time when a physical defect of any kind is looked upon with disdain. Thrown in with family rivalry and deep seeded hate, this story sets up a mountain for our heroin to overcome.

Eveline Armstrong is beautiful, smart and playing it dumb after an injury leaves her without hearing. Hiding behind her injury relieves her of one problems, but according to the kings decree, it won’t save her from the Montgomery clan.

Believed to be betrothed to the daft Eveline, Graeme Montgomery weds his king proclaimed bride and tries to come to terms with an unwanted wife and the thought of never having kids of his own. Added to the hate he feels for the family that killed his father things aren’t looking good as he brings is bride home.

First off I have to say I cried multiple times while reading this. Eveline is so sweet and trusting. I just really felt for her during her ordeal. Trying to fit in anywhere, Eveline just wants to have a semblance of a normal life. She doesn’t ask for special favors and she damn well doesn’t get any. 

I don’t want to give much away. It is a sweet heart warming book. A must read if you ask me. I will definitely be reading the next installment.

T~


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Such a wonderful story. I have to admit I am a bit speechless. I wasn't expecting to like this book as much as I did but I absolutely couldn't put it down. Loved the characters...loved the writing...just a beautiful romance. It is rare that I can find no fault with a hero but I adored Graeme in this book. And Eveline was just so darned sweet but courageous and tough as well. If you're looking for a good romance you can't go wrong with this one. I managed a few tear filled moments and some giggles as well. Evilene is definitely full of surprises. Can't wait for the next book in this series... I hope the rest is as good as this one.

K~

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts