Author Spotlight ~Jewel E. Ann~


Jewel is a free-spirited romance junkie with a quirky sense of humor. With 10 years of flossing lectures under her belt, she took early retirement from her dental hygiene career to stay home with her three awesome boys and manage the family business. After her best friend of nearly 30 years suggested a few books from the Contemporary Romance genre, Jewel was hooked. Devouring two and three books a week but still craving more, she decided to practice sustainable reading, AKA writing. When she’s not donning her cape and saving the planet one tree at a time, she enjoys yoga with friends, good food with family, rock climbing with her kids, watching How I Met Your Mother reruns, and of course…heart-wrenching, tear-jerking, panty-scorching novels

Jewel E. Ann Spotlight Questions


What do you want people to know about you and your writing process? 

I write what I like to read, not what I think will sell. My stories are my art, and they are personal to me. My process involves an idea and I run with it. No plotting. No outlines. I write on the fly. It’s the only way I can truly be creative.

When did you know writing was what you needed to do?

After I wrote my first story. I did it on a whim just to see if I could write a full-length novel. I could. I did. And I haven’t looked back. Writing is therapeutic and addictive to me.

Does any music/situations/media inspire your writing process? If so, what? 

Music infects me with feeling, a rhythm to my thoughts. I couldn’t write without it. Most of my initial ideas come from observing people around me or studying the human condition. I find personalities that draw me in, I create characters from their inspiration, and then I find a world for them and wait for them to tell me their story. It sounds insane, but it really does feel like I’m writing something that comes to me not from me. I know it’s good—inspired—when it’s effortless.

Will we see any new works from you soon? What will they be? 

YES!!! My next book, When Life Happened, will be released on June 5th. It’s a romantic comedy/dramady. I also have a story called Transcend that I’m publishing in installments exclusively for my newsletter subscribers. There are two other stories that I’m working on as well, one is a collaboration, but I have not set release dates for either one of those.

Favorite wine and favorite chocolate.  

No wine. I don’t drink alcohol that often, and when I do it’s beer or something refreshing like a mojito. Most days I can be found sucking down liters of water, tea, and kombucha. Dark chocolate is my obsession. The darker the better.

Favorite movie/television programs?   

I don’t have many favorites, but the last movie I saw and loved was Gifted, and my latest TV obsession is Shameless.

Top five reads?

I don’t have a top five. That’s too hard. I have a link to my website with some of my favorites in my genre, but I read a lot outside of romance. Dan Brown - love his books!   

What are your favorite foods?  

Avocados, Bananas, Blackberries, dark chocolate, Japanese yams, cheesy kale chips, popcorn … I could go on forever. I’m a foodie!

What’s the best way your fans can reach you? 

Email author@jeweleann.com - I answer all email whereas I have an 83.768% response rate for answering Facebook messages, and Twitter is dead to me. Email … just send me an email. : ) I’m also very responsive to all posts on my private FB group, the Jonesies.

See below for my 2017 signings.   

GIVEAWAY

A signed paperback of When Life Happened 
(US only)


Where to Find Me



Upcoming Release

 

Latest Release

All Books Currently Out
Jack and Jill Series

Romantic Comedies

Contemporary

Free Book of Mine

 
Receive a FREE copy of Holding You when you subscribe below


Events This Year

Sept 29-30th: 
Penned Con
St. Louis Friday & Saturday, September 29-30, 2017

Oct 14th: 
For the Love of Books & Chicago
Chicago Saturday October 14th, 2017 2:30pm-3:30pm 

Oct 21st: 
Shameless Book Con
Orlando Saturday, October 21st, 2017 Noon to 5pm 


Teasers

Comments

Popular Posts