Author Spotlight ~ Juliette Cross~




Juliette lives in lush, moss-laden Louisiana where she lives with her husband, four kids, and black lab, Kona.

Multi-published author of paranormal and urban fantasy romance, she loves reading and writing brooding characters, mysterious settings, persevering heroines, and dark, sexy heroes.

From the moment she read JANE EYRE as a teenager, she fell in love with the Gothic romance. Even then, she not only longed to read more novels set in Gothic worlds, she wanted to create her own.








Q & A with Juliette Cross 

When did you know writing was what you wanted/needed to do?

In 10th grade. That was the first time I had a teacher ask me to write a creative short story. That one writing activity opened up a new world of joy for me. I was hooked.

Does any music/situations/media inspire your writing process? If so, what?

Hell yes! While writing, I listen to Pandora “stations”. Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings and Pride and Prejudice are my go-to writing playlists. I’ll often peruse my Pinterest boards to spark a new idea or setting.

Will we see any new works from you soon? What will they be?

I’m working hard on the books in Tales of the Black Lily. I’m wrapping up book three, The White Lily, as we speak. However, I DO have a something new and exciting brewing in the contemporary paranormal genre. More details to come. ;)

Favorite wine and favorite chocolate :)

Anything red and anything dark.

Favorite movie/television programs?

Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Face Off, Survivor, and ANY Marvel/Avenger movie or TV show.

Top five reads?

SO HARD. But okay, here we go:
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Son of Shadows by Juliet Marillier
Angels’ Blood by Nalini Singh
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
Mistress of Rome by Kate Quinn

What are your favorite foods?

As a Louisiana native, it tends to be anything seafood, but specifically seafood gumbo, charbroiled oysters, and boiled crawfish.

What’s the best way fans can reach out to you?

Through my website at https://www.juliettecross.com/contact or message me through Facebook.

Will you be attending any signings or conventions? Where and when? 


I’ll be attending the Romantic Times Convention in Atlanta from May 2-7 and signing books at the Giant Book Fair on Saturday.

The Black Lily by Juliette Cross

Release Date: 3/27/17




About The Black Lily:

Cinderella like you’ve never seen before…

With the threat of the vampire monarchy becoming stronger every day, the Black Lily must take drastic measures. As the leader of the underground resistance, Arabelle concocts the perfect idea to gain the attention of the Glass Tower. Her plan? Attend the vampire prince’s blood ball and kill him. Fortunately for Prince Marius, her assassination goes awry, and Arabelle flees, leaving behind only her dagger.

Marius is desperate to find the woman whose kiss turned into attempted murder, hunting for the mysterious assassin he can’t push out of his mind. But what he uncovers could change the course of his life forever…

Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | Goodreads | Entangled Publishing



I intensely love this book! Kick-ass AND adorable!?!? I don't know how Juliette Cross pulled that off, but let me tell ya... SHE DID! I have only read one other book that turns childhood fairytales into an adult read, and in all honesty, I didn’t like it. There was something about adding adult situations into a “Disney” type atmosphere that didn’t sit well with me. The Black Lily is nothing in comparison to that previous read. It’s a darker, grittier tale with just enough of a nod to the tales of old to give the reader a sense of familiarity. Cross has crafted this tale of murder and justice with a side of whimsy into a phenomenal action-packed read. I am beyond excited to share it with you guys.

If you’re a fan of a warrior princess who wears adventure like a cloak, Juliette Cross is your author in shining armor!

5 STARS







Exclusive Giveaway

Ebook Giveaway of Dragon Heartstring (3 copies)
Signed Print copy of Dragon in the Blood (1 copy)

To enter, please leave a comment below or join our 
Book Babblers Book Club on Facebook and comment there!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q&A with Marius
from TBL for the “Entangled Date Wars.” 
“Originally published on the Entangled Date Wars event.”

1. What is the ideal Valentine’s Day date with your heroine like?

To be alone with Arabelle without dozens of bloody soldiers hanging about. That would be pure heaven. I’d take her away from the training camp and return to that bathing pool in the Silvane Forest. I still often think of that night when she emerged from the water looking like a moon goddess, taking my breath away and stealing my heart.

2. Did you get your heroine a gift for Valentine’s Day? If yes, what is it, and how did you decide on that? If no, explain why.

I made a double-edged, serrated, gold-tipped dagger with a black lily embossed in the onyx hilt. Why? My lady has a fondness for sharp blades. Let’s hope she doesn’t stab me with this one.

3. If you left your heroine a little note or card on Valentine’s Day, what would it say?

Darling, I understand you have a revolution to lead, but I am a selfish bastard as you well know and plan to steal you away for one evening. Prepare yourself for an abduction. I promise to be gentle. Mostly. And while I do enjoy a bit of play with our bedsport, shall we leave out all long, dangerous blades this time? Excepting one, of course.

Ardently yours,

Marius

Postscript: Seriously, darling, you are my heart, my blood, my breath. My everything. 

Comments

  1. Love the interview, and I can't WAIT to read The Black Lily in just two more weeks! Congrats, Juliette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for having me, KT! Super excited to hang out with you guys this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Black Lily sounds very interesting, I love fairy tale retellings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Milena! This series has been SO much fun to write. :)

      Delete
  4. Great interview, do you find that once you start a story that it will take on a life of its own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! Absolutely. Sometimes characters pop up that I never intended to create then all of a sudden they're a major secondary character who wants their own love story. Lol! That happens constantly. One reason I doubt I'll ever write a stand-alone. I love series where I can fully build worlds and let my mind go. :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the fun interview! Looking forward to reading your books. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for this new book! Juliette is so inspiring and imaginative. I cannot wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Thank you so much. *blushes* Super excited for this series to get out there. Lots of exciting twists and turns. ;) I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts