A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles #1)by Amanda Bouchet

 Nothing thrills me more than discovering a new book, author, or series that sparks a desire to plant myself on the couch and not get up ‘til I have read all there is to read. Nothing saddens me more than realizing this is book one and I’m going to have to wait for more! GAH! Okay guys, what was my blurb immediately after reading A Promise of Fire?

“Ilona Andrews just found some competition! This was fantastic!” 

It’s been a week since, and after time and reflection I still one hundred percent feel the same way. As I said before, it’s been a minute since I’ve felt this way and I like it! It’s an immediate drop into the clairvoyant Cat’s world. A gritty hot circus with magical intrigue and danger lurking about. Cat is on the run, trying to stay in disguise and hidden away from a ruthlessly evil and maniacal family. She keeps her head down and avoids anything that will reveal who she really is. Problems erupt when a Warlord has become drawn to her. 

Snatching Cat and taking her home is what Griffin has found himself compelled to do. He will do what needs to be done to keep himself and his people safe.

I gotta say… yes, it’s a love story. Yes, it’s a classic I-hate-you-I-love-you tale. But it’s also an action packed, magical fueled world of funny banter, creative imagery, and fantasy rolled into one terrifically wonderful new read.

Plenty of doors have been opened for more books to come, with a plotline that has a fountain of opportunities to weave a deeper more involved story. Amanda Bouchet is a first time author, but I see a long and fan filled careering ahead of her.

5 STARS!
Tanja

Coming August 2nd 
Get it on AMAZON
Catalia "Cat" Fisa is a powerful clairvoyant known as the Kingmaker. This smart-mouthed soothsayer has no interest in her powers and would much rather fly under the radar, far from the clutches of her homicidal mother. But when an ambitious warlord captures her, she may not have a choice…

Griffin is intent on bringing peace to his newly conquered realm in the magic-deprived south. When he discovers Cat is the Kingmaker, he abducts her. But Cat will do everything in her power to avoid her dangerous destiny and battle her captor at every turn. Although up for the battle, Griffin would prefer for Cat to help his people willingly, and he's ready to do whatever it takes to coax her…even if that means falling in love with her.


*ARC Provided by publisher

Comments

Popular Posts