Owning Violet (The Fowler Sisters #1) by Monica Murphy



Sexy office treachery and scheming abound: it was all supposed to be a rouse. One set to further their standing in the company, and decimate the ones that didn’t deserve it. Only no one told the street-rat-turned-corporate exec Ryder McKay that Violet would become his.

This was a fun and sexy read. Infuriating at times and during much of the beginning I didn’t like the weak and timid Violet very much. She grew a backbone, but it took long enough.

There is a lot of back biting and hidden agendas going on here, and the sisters all intrigue me. I think it’s going to be a rather enjoyable series. I can’t wait to see who gets hold of the other two siblings.

Will I be continuing on with the series? Yes; although it has a familiar storyline, it’s well done and spicy enough to keep my attention, which is always a good sign for greater things to come :)

T~


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~  

KT Book Reviews "Five Questions"
with author
Monica Murphy


What has been the most exciting thing that's happened in your latest writing endeavor?

Hmm, well it was pretty exciting to see ONE WEEK GIRLFRIEND do so well - that book made my Monica Murphy career. And now I'm excited for readers to discover my new series, The Fowler Sisters, and OWNING VIOLET. 


We talk a lot here on KT Book Reviews about wine and chocolate, what’s your favs?

I'm not a big wine drinker but I do love chocolate. Probably too much. And with Christmas coming, I'm in big trouble...

Who is/are your favorite book characters?

If you're talking about my own books/characters, I can't name a favorite! That's like picking a favorite child - can't do it.

But if you're talking about a favorite author? My go to is always Jill Shalvis. I've loved her for years. I can count on her books to make me happy and sigh and get all emotional. I love her. I'm a huge fan.

What’s your favorite quote?

I chose this one to appear in my book SECOND CHANCE BOYFRIEND. It's from Winnie the Pooh: 

"If ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."

What will be your next read?

My TBR on my Kindle is embarrassingly long. I think I'll go for a YA book next. I have a bunch waiting to be read.


 I’ve moved through life doing what’s expected of me. I’m the middle daughter, the dutiful daughter. The one who braved a vicious attack and survived. The one who devoted herself to her family’s business empire. The one who met an ambitious man and fell in love. We were going to run Fleur Cosmetics together, Zachary and I.

Until he got a promotion and left me in the dust. Maybe it’s for the best, between his disloyalty and his wandering eye. But another man was waiting for me. Wanting me. He too has an overwhelming thirst for success, just like Zachary—perhaps even more so. He’s also ruthless. And mysterious. I know nothing about Ryder McKay beyond that he makes me feel things I’ve never felt before.

One stolen moment, a kiss, a touch . . . and I’m hooked. Ryder’s like a powerful drug, and I’m an addict who doesn’t want to be cured. He tells me his intentions aren’t pure, and I believe him. For once, I don’t care. I’m willing to risk everything just to be with him. Including my heart. My soul.

My everything.

Comments

Popular Posts