Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan

20639274
 

 
5 AMAZING STARS***** 

“Someday … when we're old and gray, I'm going to look at you lying in bed beside me, just like this, and I'm going to look into your eyes and know that it's only ever been you. And that is going to be the great joy of my life.”

Archer... what a guy! I don't do book boyfriends because I'm just too old for that... :) But I do have a category that I have labeled "my ideal son-in-law" because I have grown daughters. Archer is way up at the top of this list. What mother wouldn't want their daughter to be loved this much. :) When I find books like this I always hand them over to my daughters and say... this is what you're looking for... just FYI! They promptly roll their eyes...
I'm not a huge fan of New Adult romances... But, occasionally one comes along that wins me over and I'm happy to say that this book did just that. Wonderful characters in this book from young to old... and, a few you kind of "dislike" too. But, that's life right?
Bree slowly breaks Archer free from the safe world that he's built around himself and shows him that he is worthy of being loved. Archer had a way of giving Bree a safe place to fall allowing her for the first time in months to take steps in overcoming her trauma from witnessing her father's murder. The love that develops between them was a beautiful thing to witness. Archer's voice was beautiful, even though he couldn't speak.

“Sometimes an understanding silence was better than a bunch of meaningless words.”

I thought that was such a powerful quote... how often do we really just stop and listen?? And, sometimes words just aren't needed are they?

This is a book that will appeal strongly to fans of Slammed, Making Faces and The Sea of Tranquility... books in which the main male characters just make your heart melt because of the goodness they have in their hearts. Books about couples that find a way to strengthen each other in the face of tragedy. Beautifully written, thought provoking, emotional and heartwarming... all the things I love.
It's always nice to find a new book to happily add to your favorites list... :) 



 
 
When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.

THIS IS A STAND-ALONE NOVEL. The first three books in the series need not be read to enjoy this book. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.




Comments

Popular Posts