Beg by CD Reiss (Songs of Submission #1) (K's review)

17258795


4 steamy stars****
 
Well now... this was a surprise! I really liked the first installment of this series of novellas. Very engaging... hard to put down... and unfortunately I'm hooked!
There is major chemistry between these two and a pretty good story to go along with the steam and heat. Jonathan is a bit controlling in the bedroom but I really liked him overall. Especially when the control results in immense pleasure. I could almost feel Monica's tension coming out of the pages. Beg is just that... it's a slow build up of sexual tension between Jonathan and Monica. I personally loved that we had lots of build up and spent some time getting to know these characters first.
Monica is a singer who is determined not to allow herself to be distracted by men so she can focus on her career and Jonathan needs a distraction from his past as he copes with the loss and heartbreak left behind by his ex-wife. The attraction between them is strong and the tension is high... and, I'm pretty sure they are both getting into something more than what they are expecting.
The story is just beginning... but it's off to a good start. I'll be picking up the second novella ASAP.
These are not stand alones and can get a little expensive so don't start until you've made your peace with the price! I think it ends up costing around $17 or so when it's all said and done.
 
ARC provided by netgalley!
K~

Comments

Popular Posts