Sookie countdown #12... Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris


                                                             Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse, #12)

Well, this is it...  the last countdown read until Tuesday, May 7th...  and after re-reading this one I am truly ready for the series finale.  Bring it on C. Harris...  I am ready!  I'm not sure why there are so many fans out there who are so upset about this series ending.  Sookie has come full circle, she has endured a lot of heartache, challenges, betrayal, love and pain.  It is definitely time for her to find her Happily Ever After. 

Book twelve was probably the only book in this series that I just had no emotion at all really while reading it...  nothing new really happens...  there is no romance...  most of the book is focused on the dead girl found in Eric's front yard and it wasn't a very interesting plot line in my opinion.  And, the great revelation on the how and why at the end just kind of had me scratching my head in bewilderment.  It was obvious that this was a book that was written clearly to set us up for the final book and nothing more. 
The only great surprise that happened was the way that Sookie decided to use the power of the Cluviel Dor.  And, after some thought I have to say that I think she used it exactly for the right reason.  Her decision to use it was made on impulse but reflects her true feelings about where her heart lies.   
Well, I'm not going to dwell too much on this particular installment of Sookie's story simply because there really isn't a whole lot to talk about.  There was only one scene in the entire book that made me laugh: 

"Bill, what's your favorite fantasy?" I asked.
"My favorite fantasy?  You come down into my daytime resting place stark naked, " he said...as he smiled.  "Oh, wait," Bill said.  "That's already happened." 

As much as I hate to admit it...  Bill really isn't such a bad guy after all.  And that was a funny line. 

Well, there you have it...  I have my copy of Dead Ever After pre-ordered and will be posting my review promptly when done so stay tuned! 

K~

Click HERE to read my review of Dead Ever After...

Comments

Popular Posts