Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost

                                                          Once Burned (Night Prince, #1)
If you haven't read the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost then you might want to start there before starting on this first installment of the Night Prince Series. This series is about Vlad, our favorite temperamental vampire who can wield fire. We were introduced to Vlad via his interactions with Cat and Bones in the NH storyline and he was always a character I looked forward too. He can be a little hard to get along with. Nope, you really don't wanna' get on Vlad's bad side or you might end up as dragon food!

Even though I am a huge, huge, fan of all of Frost's books this one was not my favorite. Now, that doesn't mean it's not any good... it's just not what I expected. I think the main reason I was slightly disappointed was because the Vlad we got to know in the Night Huntress series didn't seem to be the same Vlad in this book. This Vlad fell a little too fast for the heroine... he doesn't strike me as a guy who would give in to love so easily. I think I would've enjoyed a little more "fight" for love and a slower development of the relationship. I was also a little disappointed that we got an all too brief visit from Cat and Bones but the entire scene just seemed lacking. I was all ready for some snarky Bones and Vlad time but it just didn't happen. I thought that was a wasted moment. I did love the heroine. She has a very interesting gift and I love the way their two gifts seemed to make them a perfect match. Despite the few minor issues, I still enjoyed the book as a whole and I will be looking forward to reading book two in this series which is Twice Tempted.

K~

Comments

Popular Posts