Love, In English by Karina Halle



What can I say that hasn’t already been said about Love, In English? I read a quote from John Greens The fault in Our Stars that kind of describes this book for me. “Books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like a betrayal.” After reading it I just wanted to savor and keep it to myself for awhile.

I didn’t expect what I read to be what it was. I encourage the reader to go in blind. Stop reading reviews with spoilers and just dive in. Yes, there are some issues in this book that may be triggers for some to leave this as a do not read. However, the way this is written and all that follows is so much more. Don’t deprive yourself of a great read by over thinking an issue or having notions of a superior moral code. Real life is messy. No one is perfect and a good story is simply a good story.

For me, the absolute best part of Love, In English was the setting, the people and the way of life! I want to spend a month in Italy with these people. Getting to know new and different people and breathing in the old world charm of it all. What a life.

Okay friends, that’s all I am going to say. Go grab this book and take a chance on adventure. I hope you like it as much as I did :)

5 STARS
T~


 


To a restless dreamer like Vera Miles, it sounded like the experience of a lifetime. Instead of spending her summer interning for her astronomy major, she would fly to Spain where she’d spend a few weeks teaching conversational English to businessmen and women, all while enjoying free room and board at an isolated resort. But while Vera expected to get a tan, meet new people and stuff herself with wine and paella, she never expected to fall in love.

Mateo Casalles is unlike anyone Vera has ever known, let alone anyone she’s usually attracted to. While Vera is a pierced and tatted free spirit with a love for music and freedom, Mateo is a successful businessman from Madrid, all sharp suits and cocky Latino charm. Yet, as the weeks go on, the two grow increasingly close and their relationship changes from purely platonic to something…more.

Something that makes Vera feel alive for the first time.

Something that can never, ever be.

Or so she thinks.


Comments

Popular Posts