Sorority of Three by Melissa Brown



SORORITY OF THREE: Freshman 101
by Melissa Brown
Add to Goodreads






And you thought the hardest part of freshman year was scheduling...

Sunny McCormick is in love with love. She's cute, romantic and convinced her Prince Charming is out there somewhere.

Grace McCarrion has never been in love. She's shy, reserved and her own worst critic.

Claudia Mansour isn't sure she believes in love. She's confident, beautiful and hard to impress.

They've decided to go against the grain and, rather than pledge the Greek system at the University of Illinois, create an unofficial sorority of their own.

This is their story. The ups and downs, the trials and tribulations, the romance and heartbreak.

Welcome to freshman year.

 

Melissa Brown was born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago. She attended the University of Illinois and is the mother of two fantastic kids. She's an avid reader who enjoys making handmade gifts for her family and friends, as well as baking and painting. Melissa has an unhealthy obsession with pop culture. She speaks fluent movie quotes from the 1980s (John Hughes = genius), reads celebrity gossip magazines and never misses an episode of Scandal. She enjoys writing contemporary romance, romantic suspense and young adult novels.

All of Melissa's books are currently available exclusively through Amazon.com and are part of the Kindle Unlimited Program.
 



GRACE

I stepped up to the counter to order my sandwich. When Sam approached, I did my best to make eye contact, just like Claudia insisted. I smiled at him and he returned the smile.

Maybe this won’t be so hard…

“Hey, there. Turkey on wheat, right?” he said, grabbing the bread.

I smiled. “Yes, please.”

Claudia nudged my arm, encouraging me to think of something else to say.

“I—I think I’ll have mustard today. Instead of mayo.” My voice cracked.

Why is this so freaking hard for me? He’s just a guy in a sandwich shop. A guy with an apron and baseball cap. A guy who knows all the ins and outs of condiments and veggies. What is my problem?

“As you wish,” he said with a wink as he grabbed the mustard container.

I glanced at Claudia, eyes wide. He’d just quoted my all-time favorite movie. I was in trouble.

“Th-thanks,” I stammered.

“Name that movie,” Sam challenged, one eyebrow raised.

“Princess Bride,” I said with a shy smile.

“Good job. I see you have good taste…in movies, anyway.”

And that’s when it happened. I looked away, focusing on the cash register at the end of the counter. I didn’t mean to do it; I swear. I’d meant to talk more with him, to quote the movie myself. But I didn’t. I couldn’t. I struggled just to breathe.

Old habits die hard, I guess.

Sam finished building my sandwich and wrapped it in parchment. Claudia narrowed her eyes and glared at me. My heart was going a million beats a minute.

When he handed the sandwich to me, I was finally able to speak. “Thanks.”

And that was that. I took my sandwich and found a table, making sure not to face the sub shop. It was tenth grade all over again. The cutest boy I knew was talking to me, trying to make conversation. Maybe even flirting. And all I could do was panic.

Good Lord. Will I ever change?

Comments

Popular Posts