~Review~ Hope by Sydney Lane (Choices #3)


Add me on Goodreads!
Buy me on AMAZON!





About the Book

She's the high school softball star. He's the fraternity chaplain.

He's the good guy. She's the wild child.

Eliza Nichols has a secret. After one night, one mistake, she throws away her softball career, walking away from everything she loves. Broken and damaged, the last thing she needs is someone making her question everything she knows.

No one has ever made her want to be so good.

Declan White is the stereotypical nice guy. When his fraternity brother betrays him with the girl of his dreams, he struggles to be the man he wants to be without losing the man he is. Eliza may be exactly what he needs.

No one has ever made him want to be so bad.

When these two come together, their lives collide in a battle of wills. One moment can change the rest of your life. You can accept it... or you may find hope where there appears to be nothing at all.

Author's Note: Hope is the third installment in the Choices series. All novels can be read stand alone with no cliffhanger. Intended for mature audiences 18+.  


5 glowing beautiful stars*****

"When someone you love, someone you’d lay your life down for, gets lost in the dark, you follow them. Maybe you can’t be the light they need. Maybe you don’t even need the light. And maybe, just maybe, it’s enough to just be there in the darkness. Together.”

I.Loved.This.Book! Sydney Lane has life wisdom that comes shining through in her writing... it just speaks to me. I highlighted so many wonderful passages in this book. I am not a huge fan of New Adult Romance but this author does it right and does it well. Bravo!
This is book #3 in this series... Declan's story. It can be read as a stand alone but you will understand Declan's story better if you read book one... Choices. Choices was one of my top favorite reads last year so I highly recommend starting there. Somehow I missed book two of this series... the author said it was okay to go ahead with this one even though I hadn't read book two... and she was right. I will be stepping back to read the second book though... I love the way this lady writes!
Hope is such a perfect title for this book... both Eliza and Declan have been hurt, betrayed and damaged. What they find in each other is that little spark of hope that gives them strength and courage to face their past demons, embrace change and look towards the future.
This book took me back to my college years and reminded me of those horrible feelings of rejection experienced when the one person you want most doesn't want you back. Anyone remember that??
This series focuses heavily on the emotions felt when we have to face the consequences of our choices. Sometimes we make bad choices and are forced to learn from them so we can make better ones in the future. I love the message... and, it's feelings that I think all of us have and will experience at some point in our lives. But, bad choices do not have do define us forever and as long as we have hope, change and a better future awaits us.

A few more of my favorite passages from the book...

It's in feeling pain that we truly learn to move forward. When we learn to use that pain, we learn and grow and succeed. We use the pain of the past to pave the way for a better future. And in that, we learn to let go.

The one thing I'm learning is that if you hate something, only you can change it. Sometimes happiness is about choosing it. Doesn't mean I can erase the past... just that I can close the door on things that cannot be changed.

If you love to read books that are laced with words of wisdom then this is such a good series to pick up... I just can't say enough about it... and, it is also quite steamy. I love the nice boy with the naughty side that entailed Declan. I really did fall in love with his character. Can I order one just like him for one of my daughters?? Yes, I'd like that...

Thanks to the author for the complimentary copy of this book! It was such a pleasure to read... I want more... :)) 

Read my 5 star review of book one of this series:  Choices
Available for only .99 on AMAZON!! 



Sydney Lane lives in Nashville, TN with her husband and children. Growing up in Smalltown, USA, Sydney dreamed of being a writer. After spending an outrageous amount of money to go to college, Sydney finally decided to follow her heart. With her babies in bed and husband neglected, she worked by the light of her laptop and wrote Choices. Sydney is very active in charity work for anti-bullying and depression awareness groups.

Comments

Popular Posts