Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover (K's Review)

17788401

 Buy me on AMAZON!
 

When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.

 
 
 
3 stars***
 
I absolutely loved the Slammed series by Colleen Hoover so I decided to pick this one up to see if the magic is still there! Colleen Hoover is the type of writer that can easily pull you into her stories and grab at your emotions. She has a poetic writing style that speaks to me and I really do love it.
So, why just 3 stars?? I just wasn't a fan of Tate and Miles. Their only connection to each other was physical... never really felt anything else between them other than that. It was a little to insta-love for me and Miles really wasn't that great of a guy. Never really understood why Tate fell for him so hard and why she allowed him to treat her so badly. 
 I loved the past Miles better than the present so that part of the book was more compelling for me personally and did tug at my heart strings.
There is no doubt at all that this author can write beautifully and if all of the beautiful words had walked alongside a more likeable couple this would easily have been a 5 star read. If you've never read any of Colleen Hoover's books before I would start with Slammed...  which is one of my absolute favorites by this author. Bawled my eyes out reading that book!
I totally expect others to love this book more than I did... character likability is a very personal thing.

ARC was provided by the publisher



Comments

Popular Posts