Captured (Savage Chains #1) by Caris Roane

19080038
 
Release Day is May 27th!
 
 
An undercover operative, Reyes is posing as a buyer to bring down an illegal sex-slavery ring operating out of vampire BDSM clubs. His mission—to infiltrate the inner circle and destroy them from the inside out—becomes infinitely more difficult when he recognizes the prize attraction at a slave auction: Angelica, the woman who stole his heart years ago. Against his better judgment, he buys her in order to save her from the club's brutal customers. But now the woman who holds his heart despises him, believing he's one of the human traffickers he's out to destroy. But can he tell his beautiful captive the truth and risk everything?
 
 
4 stars****

This part one of a series of three novellas...

I wasn't sure if I wanted to read this due to the content BUT once I started it I just couldn't put it down....  and I'm all about the bad guys getting it in the end so I definitely need to continue on to see how this plays out in the next two installments.
This does contain dark content because but it's very fade to black.   I don't mind dark content but at the same time I don't necessarily want it explicitly described... so this story is working for me so far in that respect. 
This is a secret hidden society of vampires who buy and sell human and vampire slaves for their own sadistic pleasure. Humans, however, usually do not live long under the hands of these sadists. Reyes, a vampire, was once a slave and is determined to put an end to this dark world. He has fully immersed himself into this world as a slaver to hopefully find the key to bringing it down. His plans go a little awry when Angelica, a human woman he knows and cares for, is kidnapped and put up for auction. He buys her in an desperate effort to save her life... but now she must conform or he risks being exposed.  
So far I like the author's easy flowing writing style... love the two main characters... and I'm curious to see how this one man is going to single handedly bring down this sex ring. And, of course, I'm hoping our couple finds their HEA... So, yep... I'm definitely on board for the next installment! 
 

ARC provided by St. Martins Press

Comments

Popular Posts