Sweet Nothings by Kim Law

18100378


4 stars****
 
I'm a sucker for these small town romances... great opportunity to create colorful and fun characters. Add to that a cupcake selling gal wearing go-go boots and well... who can resist? Joanie and Nick didn't expect to fall in love. Joanie has loads of baggage and she believes her family is cursed so she avoids love at all costs. Spends her time creating businesses, selling them and then moving on. Her newest business adventure is a cupcake business. Nick is just in town to touch base with his brother and has his own personal baggage. He signs up to renovate her grandmother's house and romance blooms. You get lots of small town expectations like your local busybodies and bet makers.
This is one of those books that you curl up with on an afternoon when you just want something that gives you a nice Happily Ever After. Author has a nice writing style that is enjoyable and fun. Even though I had not read the first book in the series I found this one easy to read as a stand alone. I'll definitely read more of this series... would like to go back and read the first one and I think there is a book three?? I love series in which each book stands on its own.
Yep... I would recommend this for small town romance and HEA fans.

ARC provided by Montlake Romance via netgalley
 
Read by "K"  :) 

Comments

Popular Posts