PIECES FOR YOU (For You Series #2) by Genna Rulon



 

"The phoenix hope, can wing her way through the desert skies, and still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise.” -Miguel de Cervantes

Samantha Whitney survived unimaginable tragedy only to discover she had been betrayed by a man who claimed to love her. Shattered, Sam spends months at a safe haven trying to piece herself back together. Ready or not, the time has come for her to return home.

As Sam struggles to resume a life that no longer feels familiar, she finds unwavering support in an unexpected, familiar face. Confronting Sam’s raw emotions and open wounds head-on, Griffin manages to take two steps forward for every step she retreats.

But when Sam is once again threatened, Griffin must decide how far he is willing to go to protect the woman he wants…knowing the cost of her safety is the risk of losing her.

Pieces For You is a captivating journey of survival, healing, and sacrifice—teeming with honesty, humor, unexpected twists, and love’s unsurpassed endurance.

• This story is appropriate for readers 18+
• Though Only For You is a part of the For You Series, the book can be read as a stand-alone.




Genna Rulon is an up-and-coming contemporary romance author who loves nothing more than a good love story. 

During her 15 years in the corporate world, Genna, inspired by her love of reading, fantasized about penning her own stories.  Encouraged by her favorite authors, many of whom are indie writers and self-published, she committed to pursue her aspirations of writing her own novels.

Genna was raised on Long Island in New York, where she still resides, surrounded by the most amazing family and friends.  Married to a wonderful man who patiently tolerates her ramblings about whichever book she is currently working on, even feigning interest relatively convincingly!  Genna is blessed with two little boys who do their best to thwart mommy's writing time with their hilarious antics and charming extrapolations.

All of Genna’s reviews are brought to you courtesy of copious amounts of coffee and Disney Junior (something has to entertain the boys when mommy is writing).



Be sure to join the mailing list for updates about future books, as well as giveaways, and other fun facts. Genna would love to hear from you, and will personally respond to all messages!  You can contact her as follows:  genna@gennarulon.com

You can also follow Genna online at:






 Samantha has endured unspeakable horrors, and as a result finds herself healing in Safe Haven. She has to learn to live again and to speak after a monster tried to take life from her. With the help of her friends, and a friend she never knew she had, Samantha rebuilds and strengthens her life and her resolve.

Only For You is a story that will warm your heart and give you a sense of pride in Samantha. She is as tough as she is fragile. Learning to trust and let go isn’t easy. When a girl has the emotional baggage Sam has, it’s not an easy task. Horrible parents and previous bad choices in men lend themselves to emotional scaring, but with the help of a wildly sarcastic and funny therapist, we watch as Samantha slowly learns to believe in herself and understand and separate her emotions.

Griffin enters Samantha’s world and everything shifts and changes for her. She needed a man like Griffin. Dare I say he was the perfect man? Caring, smart, and patient: simply perfect boyfriend material.

I gotta say, I was blown away with the development of Genna Rulon’s storytelling. I said in my review of book one that the info given almost felt like a brochure at times. This was not the case here. Info was given, but it was woven beautifully into the story. Nothing took away from the emotion. Well done Genna. I feel the best is yet to come from this author.

4 Stars for a beautiful book and the beautiful character Samantha.
T~

FYI- If you haven’t read book one in this series, Only For You, you may be a bit lost but you can still read it as a standalone.





I raised up on my tippy-toes to peer through the peephole in the door, a recent addition

courtesy of Hunter, and saw nothing but a wall of black. I paused for a moment, wondering

if the person on the other side placed their thumb over the glass, but dismissed the idea

when I noticed the contours of the black abyss before me. I verified that the security chain

was engaged before unlocking the deadbolt and opening the door.

Jiminy Crickets! The black void was a shirt, specifically a tee-shirt undergoing durability

testing as it strained to contain a scandalously muscled chest and shoulders most NFL

linebackers would envy. I was confronted with a decision that no woman should ever have

to make; do I look upward to assess the face attached to the scrumptious MMA pecks or go

downward to find what other gifts God had bestowed on this specimen. Who was I kidding;

there was only one right answer. As my gaze headed south I was greeted by a mid-section

that was clearly well tended and hard as stone. Despite his sinfully tight shirt, I couldn’t

make out his abs, but I suspected the shirt was covering a defined six-pack. Would it be

rude to ask him to remove his shirt before inviting him in? Continuing my exploration I

discovered, distressed denim, bulging in all the right places, draped over long thick legs.

Hot damn! Hunter was finally paying off with the hot guy friends. I knew this day would

come, it was inevitable, but I was still overwhelmed with gratitude—Ev would be getting an

extra nice Christmas present this year.

I slowly raised my gaze, verifying that the sight I beheld was not a mirage, and it

happened…finally. There was no tingle or twinge, not a whisper of desire or hint of

arousal—no, the floodgates of my previously dormant libido opened and a tsunami of lust

swept through me. My breath caught and I was forced to grip the doorframe to prevent

melting to a puddle on the floor or climbing this tree of man-flesh like the primate I had

been reduced to. I gathered the remnants of my cognitive function—the miniscule part of

my brain not dedicated to making an erotic laundry list of the many naughty activities I

wanted to enlist this man’s help with—to prepare for the possible disappointment should

the face accompanying this god-like body be one that sent children shrieking in horror. On

the other hand, guys had practiced the “bag over her head” technique for years. I needed

to do it, rip the Band-Aid off and accept the possible disillusionment. I reinforced myself,

inhaled deeply, and raise my eyes. You’ve got to be kidding me!

“Griffin?” I accused more than asked.

“Hello Sam, good to see you too,” he returned wryly. “Shall I turn so you can get the

360-degree show?”

Comments

Popular Posts