Masquerade by Nyrae Dawn (Games #3)

17900008
 

 
Maddox Cross has always had to be tough. When his father went to jail for murder, the teenager took care of his sister and mother. Now on his own and working security at a night club, Maddox wants to become a tattoo artist-a dream that comes closer to reality when he falls for the hottest, most tatted woman he's ever seen. She's wild and beautiful, and Maddox will do anything to be with her.

Bee Malone came to town to open up her new tattoo parlor, Masquerade. Since being kidnapped as a young girl, Bee has had trouble getting close to anyone. But when she meets Maddox, she sees that under his hard biker's body is the sensitive soul of an artist. What starts out as a sizzling one-night stand soon becomes so much more.

Bee wants Maddox to join her tattoo business, but letting him into her life means revealing all her most intimate secrets. And as the past begins to intertwine with her present, Bee fears their love may not be as permanent as their ink . . .

 

3 stars***
 
I came into this series at book two... Façade... and that book was really, really good. So, even though this installment was good, it wasn't as good as Façade. It felt predictable, a little repetitive and for me it did not have the same emotional depth as that one.
I do like Maddox and I like the love match for him. How can you not appreciate a tough as nails chick that is a whiz with a tattoo gun?? Bee's back story was very interesting in that she was kidnapped as a child but was raised in love by her kidnappers. So, when she was found she was very conflicted and lost because everyone assumed she was treated badly. She missed the parents she always knew and loved and had conflicted emotions and guilt that she could not be the girl her real parents wanted her to be. I can see how she was not able to see the kidnappers as the monsters that everyone assumed they were. I felt myself wanting more of her story and less of Maddox because I already knew his from the previous book.
I had no trouble reading Façade as a stand alone but I really wouldn't recommend reading this one until you've at least read book two first and preferably you should start with book one. I'm pretty sure you will get the feeling you've missed out on something if you start with this one. It would be really hard to "get" what is going on with Maddox without knowing his full back story. And, because I loved Façade so much I really wouldn't want you to miss out on that. :)
I really do like this author's writing style and I would recommend this series to those who live, breathe and worship New Adult Romance.

ARC provided by Forever publishing

Comments

Popular Posts