Running From Forever by Ashley Wilcox








Recent college graduate, Kayla Reynolds was ready to leave the university, sorority life behind. Leaving her boyfriend of over three years, she packed her bags and moved four hours south to the big city…New York City.  Bright lights, streets that never sleep, and a business lifestyle that she yearned to have were all at her fingertips. 


Kayla Reynolds was chasing her dream.

Determined and eager to make it in the corporate world, Kayla changed everything- her image, lifestyle, and outlook on life, putting her career first and her personal life second. That was until her first day, the first time she got a glimpse of Miles Blackwell. Corporate CEO and part owner of ETV, and not to mention, incredibly handsome, Miles Blackwell took Kayla by surprise, stealing her heart as he did.


But nothing had ever come that easy for Kayla. Life had always seemed to have a personal vendetta against her, stepping in when everything seemed too good to be true, reminding herself of whom she really was. It wasn’t until she met Merrick Drake that she realized when to stop; when running was no longer an option. For the first time in her life she had someone she could relate to; someone who wouldn’t judge- who saw the person she was inside. She and Merrick connected…on more levels than one. 


When life was too much to handle, they ran.

But there was only one person that could make Kayla stop for good. Only one man that made her want to stay. 


Would Kayla finally stop running or would it all be too much to handle?






Some may consider me a jack of all trades, but I consider myself well rounded. I've waitressed, styled hair, answered phones and, most recently, worked full time as mom to my two beautiful little boys.

Then there was this book...

Everyone and their brother started talking about this book series titled Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James. I didn't really pay attention to the craze at first, since I wasn't a big reader- okay, I didn't read at all. But curiosity got the best of me, so I downloaded it to my kindle.I was immediately hooked. I read the whole series in three days. Yes, three books in three days.

I kept finding all these great books that I HAD to read (just ask my credit card!).

Then I started hearing voices. Voices that turned into stories; stories that were begging to get out of my head. I started writing them down on scraps of paper. Then I transferred them to my computer. Before I knew it, Planning on Forever was born.

The voices in my head are still talking, so I'm still writing.




Author social media links/website, etc.






I am pleasantly surprised by this book. It’s book five in a series, but can absolutely be read as a standalone. Running From Forever is broken up into three points of views.

Kayla- She just ran from her boyfriend of three years after he proposed. She heads to a new life and job in New York. I liked being in her head. She had a rough childhood, and her outlook on this is a bit askew. She jumps before she looks and seems to fall for men instantly.

Merrick- When he sees the beautiful lady sitting at the end of his bar, he feels an instant connection. Kayla runs to him in a moment of need and the share their running away moments and an understanding of common upbringings. I really loved these two; their time together was my favorite part of the book.

Miles- Rich CEO and brother of Kayla’s boss. They meet on an elevator and sparks are instantaneous, but when he is caught in his lies he has to figure out how to fix things. Kayla has done what no other has done before, and that’s making Miles fall in love.

Okay, so for the down and dirty- this is a fast paced book. The events all happen within one week’s time. So yes, “insta-love” is in full effect here. Having said that, I found this book to be sweet and a nice afternoon read.

3.5 Stars

Comments

Popular Posts