Underground by T.R. Graves~TOUR


Underground (Secrets, #2) 
T. R. Graves
AMAZON | B&N 


Betrayal and loss have changed Emily Riddle in ways she never thought possible. With a death wish guiding her every move, she's willing to compromise her morals, ethics, and instincts to bring to justice the men who've broken her heart... even if that means living a life underground, being someone she's not, and pretending to respect the very men she's positioning herself to take down.

As soon as she teams up with the district attorney, Tope Bryson, and agrees to be a member of his covert operation, she returns to the commune and convinces the patriarchal leaders she is the most qualified person to take on roles traditionally assigned to men. Desperate and without options, Owen, the commune's leader and Emily's father, agrees to a temporary change.

Emily takes full advantage of the opportunity and quickly proves to him, much to her brothers' dismay, that he can't live without having her in those critical roles and that she may be the best candidate for his next in command.

She and Tope quickly realize that the men of the commune consider a woman who threatens the good ol' boy system that's been in place for decades public enemy number one. Determined to protect Emily from her brothers, Tope plants an undercover officer and charismatic law student, Noah Babineaux, in the commune. Neither Tope nor Emily is prepared for the attention Noah pays her.

With a nothing-else-matters attitude, Emily focuses on her underground mission and pushes down her hate, anger, grief, and... blossoming feelings until they threaten to explode from the inside and tear her apart. It's a race against the clock to get the evidence necessary—and ultimately, the retaliation Emily craves—before a life of submissive brutality, or sibling jealousy, kills her.





The author of Warrior, Secret, and Still Standing series—currently available—and Moral Dilemma and Underwater series—to be released in 2013/2014.

T. R. Graves lives in Texas with her husband, their nineteen-year-old daughter, and nine-year-old son. Besides being blessed with a supportive family, she counts her career as an administrator and registered nurse in not-for-profit hospitals among her most fulfilling accomplishments.



Goodreads

Interview with T. R. Graves

·      When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

My father was a man who could tell a story that was so vivid and dramatic that people hung on his every word, flocking to our house morning, noon, and night just to hear them. A few months after he died, story plots and their characters began haunting me. They were so demanding that I had no choice but to write them down... to share them. Before his death, writing a book was not anything I'd ever imagined doing. Since his death, writing books is all I imagine doing. In some ways, I believe that the stories/characters that I'm creating come directly from him. Knowing how strong-willed he was, I suspect he's found a way to communicate with me and keep his stories alive even in death.

·      Do you have a routine that you use to get into the right frame of mind to write?

Diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Mountain Dew. I must have one of these every day. On top of being a wife and mother, I work full-time. In order to get to my job, I commute 10-12 hours per week. As an indie author, I write, market, and publish my books. On top of all of that and as if I don't do enough, I am the coordinator of a team of authors who blog about the trials and tribulations of being an indie author. Without caffeine, I would not be able to accomplish most of this.

·      Where do you get your ideas or inspiration for your characters?

I get inspiration from lots of different things, and it can come from anywhere at any time.
The inspiration behind Left (Still Standing, #1) came after suspecting that several young, beautiful, and intelligent women that I know are living in relationships with men who are abusive. Because I appreciate how special these women are and what amazing qualities they offer to the world, I couldn't stop asking myself why they were staying with someone who treats them with anything less than respect... with someone who doesn't shower them with the unconditional love they deserve. From that internal dialogue, Left was born.

·      What books have most influenced your life?

I have an eclectic list of favorite series: Mortal Instruments, Shades of Grey, and Tiger's Curse. I love them because of the visual images painted by these authors as well as the author's ability to draw me into the story and make me love/hate the characters. Books that make me feel like I'm in the room watching the action or elicit the emotions the characters are having are the ones I label as favorites.
·      What do you like to do when you are not writing?

While I don't have a lot of free time between working, commuting, being a wife and mother, and putting out a book every two months, I love photography and am trying to educate myself on the intricacies of great pictures. I think beautiful images can tell a story every bit as powerful as a novel can.

·      Any future writing news you would like to share?

I plan to complete the fourth book in my young adult series, Dark Angels of the Cross, as my next project. After that's finished, I'm going to write the first book in the Vanishing series, Since Inception. This series will be more thriller (possibly horror) than anything, but rest assured that there will be some very hot romance to balance out the anxiety. As soon as Since Inception is released, I plan to write book two in the Still Standing series, There, because I just can't get enough of Ryker.


Other Books:
Left (Still Standing, #1)
 

CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE DETAILS

To see other stops on the tour for reviews, guest posts, and excerpts 






Comments

Popular Posts