On Every Street by Karina Halle

T's Review of On Every Street

Good googly goodness! I am a stuttering fool after reading this. Firstly I need to say I have not read Sins and Needles. So this is my first look into the Artist Trilogy world. On Every Street is a prequel that has come out AFTER book one was released. So many have their own opinions before going in and have rated according to those feelings and opinions.

I however am blown away. Javier had me at “I think you’ll look back in a few years and you’ll know what I know.” Such a foretelling of what was to come. Turning points, choices and decisions. His brutal honestly while wrapped in lies made me want to love him and believe Eden/Ellie is his angel with dirty wings. I wanted redemption for both of them.

Romance and fantasy aside Javier is part of a cartel. He is no angel. No savior. I think that is very much proven the first time they are together. That wasn’t an act of love. But what grew most defiantly was. For both of them.

Karina Halle writes beautifully and I was so engrossed in her world that when the ending events happen I felt shattered and shocked. I tend to believe in the fairy tale. Well dang it all my wings just got crushed right along with Eden’s.

On Every Street is fast paced, exciting, gritty and captivating. On to Sins and Needles.

4 Stars for giving me heart palpitations! Why!? Just why?!  
Sigh……. . in need of chocolate.

T~

Check out K's review HERE



Comments

Popular Posts