Black Heart by R.L. Mathewson

NEW COVER!


Oooooooh, I like it!
Check out the original cover plus T's review below!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



 
So I was one of the many that didn’t know there was a new R.L. Mathewson book coming out so imagine my surprise when I saw a Face book post telling me it was on its way! I went into this blind cause let’s face it I would read anything this author writes even her shopping list.

After reading Black Heart I am not sure how to classify it as it shifts from one category to the next. This book starts out romance and moves over to PNF and ends up a lot like the Neighbor from Hell Series (WHICH I LOVE)

Tristan, he had me when he put his arms around the paramedics neck in the prologue. No matter what he did or how he acted throughout this book that mental image is what redeemed him and endeared him to me.

Marty, I liked her okay. I wished she was a bit grittier and had a tad more sass to her in the beginning. But she steps up and had me laughing midway and toward the end.

Now I won’t give away any major spoilers and I sure hope I haven’t already but I will say that R.L. has left this series wide open for many more books to come. Just like the NFH series I will be in line for each release. There is just something about a bumbling a$$hat that has no clue that makes me giggle.

4 STARS
T~

From the cover………
There was something seriously wrong with Marty. That was the only explanation that she could come up with. Why else would she feel this way for the biggest SOB in town? Granted, he was also the hottest man in town, but he was also arrogant, callous, and determined to drive her away even as he drove her crazy with his touch. She should just walk away from him and probably would if it wasn’t for this connection that she’d always had with him that kept making her want more with the one man that couldn’t give her anything more than heartache.

He should have left and never looked back when he’d decided to finally do the right thing and push Marty out of his life, but instead he stuck around to torture himself by staying close to the one woman that he could never allow himself to have. She deserved better than him, better than the tortured existence that he led and better than the horrifying future that waited for him.


So I was one of the many that didn’t know there was a new R.L. Mathewson book coming out so imagine my surprise when I saw a Face book post telling me it was on its way! I went into this blind cause let’s face it I would read anything this author writes even her shopping list

For more info and a sneak peek click HERE

Comments

Popular Posts