White Trash Beautiful by Tereasa Mummert




 South Georgia small town girl working in a small diner. Living in a rundown trailer park with her drug addicted mother and boyfriend. What was once a relationship based on love and protection is now in tatters. Cass is abused and used as a source of income to a man who once was a safe harbor in her mother’s drug addicted storm. But slowly Jackson falls victim to the life he has always protected Cass from.

“I’m not naive. I know I don’t get the happily ever after. My knight in shining armor took the highway detour around this god forsaken shit hole. I’ve made peace with that. That doesn’t mean I’m going to lay down like a doormat and let every cocky prick in the trailer park have his way with me.”

Cass has a chip on her shoulder and gives all a heavy dose of skepticism. But when the roar of a motorcycle grabs her attention and Tucker White walks in everything changes. On the road to stardom Tucker is drawn to Cass. He sees his history being played in her demeanor and wants nothing more than to shelter her from it all. Could Tucker be her White Knight after all?

The story is told through Cass’s POV and at times I found her a bit annoying. I wanted her character to have a bit more depth. I also wanted the beginning of Cass and Tuckers relationship to last a little longer. I am kinda over the insta love thing. It just seemed rushed in order to get the rest of the story told. A little more build up would have invested me more into these two.

It was a good book if you are looking for a quick read. But I don’t think I will be sticking around for the next two books slated in this series.

T~
ARC given for review by Thershold, Pocket Books via NetGalley.


Comments

Popular Posts