*The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen


The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)You guys! This one has been in my” to read” pile for evah.  I have been over looking it due to mixed reviews and my luck (or unlucky) choices of “New Adult” books. But hear me when I say I now know what all the fuss was about. I really,really liked it. Not 5 stars but a bright and shiny 4 stars.

 From the cover.......

Ella and Micha have been best friends since they were kids. But one tragic night shatters their friendship and their lives forever.

Ella used to be a rule-breaker with fiery attitude who wore her heart on her sleeve. But she left everything behind when she went to college and transformed into someone that follows the rules, keeps everything together, and hides all her problems. But now it's summer break and she has nowhere else to go but home.

Ella fears everything she worked so hard to bury might resurface, especially with Micha living right next door. If Micha tries to tempt the old her back, she knows that it will be hard to resist.

Micha is sexy, smart, confident, and can get under Ella’s skin like no one else can. He knows everything about her, including her darkest secrets. And he’s determined to bring his best friend, and the girl he loves back, no matter what it takes.

(New Adult Contemporary)
*Mature Content** Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual situations and language.


For kids who grew up on the sketchy side of town this is a more realistic look at real life with all its problems.  Not giving too much away here. Mental illness, suicides and shitty parents play major roles in this book.

Great characters – check
Realistic sex/love- check
Good flow- check
Leaves me wanting more- double check

My first Jessica Sorensen book and definitely not the last. ((Smiley face))

T~

********************************************************

I agree T...  this was a huge surprise!  I also had this in my to read for a long time. 
I thoroughly enjoyed this book... could not put it down once I started. I loved how the author switched back and forth between Ella and Micha's POV... it really helped me to connect to both characters and be able to relate to their conflicts and emotions. 
This is a story that touches on so many personal topics that most of us can relate to in one way or another. Throughout the story we walk on a journey with these characters who are dealing with the painful burden of family members who suffer with addictions, coping with the death of someone they love, coping with rejection and abandonment and blame and finally realizing that no matter how hard they try to mask their problems or run from them they were not going away until they faced them.
Ella and Micha are two best friends who needed each other more than they realized and eventually allowed themselves to take that brave step past friendship into a deeper more intimate loving relationship. Loved it...
Great supporting characters, well written and I highly recommend!

Can't wait to read more of this story... 
K~

Comments

Popular Posts