*Honey Pie (Cupcake Club #4) by Donna Kauffman


Honey Pie (Cupcake Club, #4)From the cover……..

Mocha Chocolate Chip… Caramel Fudge…Strawberry Lemonade…Butter Rum…There’s no such thing as guilt when it’s another delicious bitch and bake session with the women of the Cupcake Club…

When Honey D’Amourvell inherits property on tiny Sugarberry Island, she’s prepared to start a whole new life. Her plan is simple—make a home, open a shop, and maybe, finally, find a place to belong. But the building she now owns is leased to none other than the owner of Babycakes, which means her spot is already occupied. Honey isn’t sure how to put down roots when she has nowhere to plant them. But sexy, softhearted mechanic Dylan Ross seems determined to help. He’s everything she never imagined she would find in a man, and each kiss is more persuasive than the last…

Soon enough, Honey is another important ingredient in the spicy mix of the Cupcake Club. But will Dylan convince her that what she craves most is his love?

I had heard of the Cupcake Club books and had book one on my to-read list for a few weeks now. So I was over the moon to get my hands on this one. It is a very sweet story. Two seemingly self secluded people find one another romance blossoms. But alas Honey Pie has a special gift that offers a small conflict between them. Have no fear our Superman mechanic Dylan can fix all that. And all is right in Sugarberry Island.

Sigh, I really really wanted to like this. I can’t believe I am saying this but it was just too darn wordy! The internal monologue was driving me up the wall. Come on already.  I was at 20% in and she was still on the same bench as page one.

I liked the storyline very much and the chemistry was hot. I just wish it had been a bit more edited.

2.5 out of 5 Stars

T~

Comments

Popular Posts