*Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder



Falling Into You (Falling, #1)Okay so this was classified as a “New Adult” and to be completely honest I went into this one with a lot of reserve. You see, almost every book I have read under this newer category has been a lot of angsty virginal drama with very little substance. OR a great story until about 75% through and then it just turns into another story all together.  I have noticed quite a few of these books are derived from fan fiction and tend to be self published. This may explain the sharp left turn that happens as a need for an editor is very prevalent in many cases.

I am not sure where Falling Into You fits into this new adult but I must say……I really liked it. I was in tears with in the first few chapters. Within the first two pages I was invested.  The book is divided into two POV’s and three parts. Grief, destruction and healing.

Nell is dealing with the loss of her lifelong boyfriend’s death. If you have ever experienced a personal death. Someone close to you, you get it. It doesn’t heal over night. It could be a mother, father friend sibling and in this case a boyfriend. Time doesn’t always heal wounds quickly. The internal struggle to feel “normal” again takes time. Nell’s character is young and when you add in the over sensitized feelings of adolescence it just over takes her.

Colton is dealing with his own demons and together they find a way to deal and move on. With and through music. I must say the playlist associated with this book by the author is fantastic! Here are just a few of the amazing artists and songs that are mentioned in the book.

99 Problems by Hugo
I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz
Barton Hollow by The Civil Wars
Come On Get Higher by Matt Nathanson
I and Love and You by The Avett Brothers
Can't Break Her Fall by Mat Kearney
Reminder by Mumford & Sons

No worries the entire book is not all sadness and gloom. The sexy times are sizzling and Colton is very much a manly man. Alpha and protective.

There was only one section in the book that seemed forced and not needed. (made me ask the question Editor?) ***SPOILER*** Did we really need the pregnant/miscarriage? I felt like it came out of left field and to be honest wasn’t really needed. It just seemed an afterthought thrown in by the author. I kind of skim read through that bit. It just wasn’t in keeping with the rest of the book to me.

All in all….this one get 4 bright stars

Here are some of my favorite quotes

“Compassion and pity are not the same: pity is looking down on someone, feeling sorry for them and offering nothing; compassion is seeing their pain and offering them understanding.”

“One breath at a time. One day at a time. Wake up, and be shredded. Cry for a while. Then stop crying and go about your day. You're not okay, but you're alive, and you will be okay, someday.”

T~


Comments

Popular Posts