The Curse of Tenth Grave (Charley Davidson #10) by Darynda Jones

I hate it when mommy and daddy fight. It’s been a few weeks since Charley and the gang have returned home and something just doesn’t feel right between Charley and Reyes. I gotta say… Yes, Charley is still a child trapped in a woman’s body so to speak, but there is a fragility to her that is beginning to show itself. The events with Beep in the last two books have really began to take a toll. Laughter is the main emotion I have when reading a Charley Davidson book, however I felt a melancholy sadness and shed some tears this time around.

Don’t get me wrong ­– the uproariously funny antics are still in full affect. Nothing like a well-placed zinger here and there to lighten the mood, and I would be remised it I didn’t say that when mommy and daddy FINALLY get their shiz together it’s explosive. Who knew Reyes was into a little kink?! 

The ending? OMG!! The last 25% is mesmerizing. So much action and so many revelations that my head was spinning. Had to pause and re-read a few things just to be able to soak it all in.

Bottom line: Reyes fans will rejoice, Charley fans will see some character development, and the supporting cast of characters all get some prime time to shine. I can’t wait for more!




GET IT ON AMAZON

As a Part-time PI and fulltime grim reaper, Charley Davidson has asked a lot of questions throughout her life: Why can I see dead people? Who is the hot supernatural entity following me? How do I get gum out of my sister’s hair before she wakes up? But, “How do I trap not one malevolent god, but three?” was never among them. Until now. And since those gods are on earth to kill her daughter, she has little choice but to track them down, trap them, and cast them from this dimension.

There’s just one problem. One of the three stole her heart a very long time ago. Can the Razer, a god of absolute death and destruction, change his omniscient spots, or will his allegiances lie with his brothers?

Those are just a few of the questions Charley must answer, and quick. Add to that a homeless girl running for her life, an innocent man who’s been charged with murder, and a pendant made from god glass that has the entire supernatural world in an uproar, and Charley has her hands full. If she can manage to take care of the whole world-destroying-gods thing, we’re saved. If not, well…


*ARC provided by St. Martin's Press via Netgalley

Comments

Popular Posts