Heartfall by JB McGee Scavenger Hunt







Claire Ross has never been good enough. Not for the girls in the elite group of dancers in her class and certainly not for the approval of her ballet teacher, Mr. Robins. She definitely doesn’t like what she sees in the mirror. Simply put, she doesn’t love herself, so how could she possibly love someone else?

After twelve years of friendship, Sebastian Reyes’ adoring gaze holds more. They soon find themselves unable to control their feelings for one another.

When tragedy strikes, Claire finds herself in a very unlikely and unfavorable position. Regardless of the weight of the emotion, she must make difficult decisions that impact the rest of her life.

Will Claire see that her true love has been right in front of her? Happily ever after isn’t just for fairy tales. To get hers, all she has to do is trust, open her heart and fall.




Closing my eyes, I remember that time in Sebastian’s studio when he was teaching me how to partner and he moved my body to the side, then kissed the side of my neck. I push up on my toes and fouette, then do chaînés across the room watching myself in the mirror, smiling. Avery is at a party getting drunk, and I’m in a room all by myself getting high en pointe. Repeating the moves, I do this from corner to corner, my speed and intensity increasing. But just as I’m getting into my groove, reaching my peak, the song ends.
Throwing my arms in the air as I come out of the turn, I sigh. “That was a fun six minutes.”

“Could have been longer. It’s the twenty-first century.” A low, sexy voice comes from the door. My heart jumps from my chest to my feet and back to my chest.
I’ve only heard it once, but I immediately recognize it. It’s Liam Scott’s voice. “Yeah. So? And what the heck? Have you been watching me? That’s creepy.”
“The twenty-first century.” He completely ignores my questions, closing the distance between us, pointing to the CD player. “There’s a repeat button right here,” he says, pressing it. “And then six minutes of fun turns into an infinite number. Well, as many as your pretty legs can stand.” He licks his lips and smiles. “And yes, I nearly got dizzy, but I can’t help but watch you.” He pulls the elastic from my hair. “You should do what you just did with your hair down, by the way.”
“Uh! Ballerinas don’t wear their hair down.”
He chuckles. “Says who?”
I huff. “Says anyone who knows ballet.”
“Well, I’ll admit I’ve never given a fuck about ballet until I saw you doing it, so I’m no expert. But I saw you watching yourself in the mirror. Try it again with your hair down.”
Who does he think he is? My cheeks redden, and I swallow as I snatch the elastic back and start to redo my hair in the top knot he undid.
He smirks. “You’re really good, Grace, but you already know that. You wouldn’t be here if you weren’t. So, please don’t stop on my account. Even if you refuse to take my advice about your hair.”
Pressing the repeat button, I cross my arms. “It’s Claire. And I don’t do repeat buttons, either, but thanks.” He gives me this weird smile while furrowing his brows. It’s really cute, and it’s hard for me not to smile back. “What?”
​“I know. I remember your name, Claire, but what I wanna know is what did the poor repeat button do to offend you?”

Amazon Link à http://amzn.to/1PC0F0z

Comments

Popular Posts