Smoldering Hunger by Donna Grant (Dark Kings #8)


Available on Amazon
Add on Goodreads
Follow the author on her Website



TEMPTING FATE
Darius is back. Edinburg thought it had seen the last of this seductive Dragon King, but that was before Darius found something worthwhile. He just can't stay away from the impossibly beautiful Dr. Sophie Martin-even though he knows that a passion this strong could prove detrimental...for them both.

CRAVING DESIRE
Sophie tried to forget her encounter with smoking-hot Darius to no avail. He's in her dreams, tempting her. But her association with Darius catches the attention of another, putting her
in mortal danger. . .and Darius, who has vowed to protect her, is her only hope. But can she trust the notorious dragon shapeshifter? The only thing she knows for sure is that she cannot resist him... 

I really liked this installment! I liked it mostly because I'm so freakin' excited about Rhi and the direction her character seems to be moving. Her relationship with Balladyn is incredibly tense, confusing, and has me switching back and forth from love to hate. Her history with his character has a way of toying with me and I'm constantly changing my mind about him. I love it when that happens! He has the ability to be light, but is consumed by dark. Rhi has the ability to be dark but is strongly drawn to her light. It's hard to say whether Balladyn will be her undoing, or if she will be his savior. I get so giggly excited about this storyline, even more so than the Dragon Kings. I would read an entire series focused only on them. They are the reason I keep coming back for more.
I am very intrigued by the emergence of the Reapers. I somehow missed that the author is doing a spin-off series focused only on them. How did that happen?? I will be catching up on that one because they have great potential and mystery and I need more. :)
I loved our couple in this installment. Intelligent, strong women are always my favorite types of heroines and Sophie definitely fits the bill. Darius is probably one of my favorite Dragon Kings. He is sexy, has a scarred past, and deserves to find his true mate more than anyone. I enjoyed this pairing very much... as well as the hot and steamy love scenes. They are definitely good together.
The storyline is steadily moving forward between the Dragon Kings, their desire to find Ulrik, the banished King who is causing them big problems and their war with the Dark Fae. There are lots of secrets that I'm sure will eventually come out that will cause turmoil. Still lots to look forward too and to keep us on our toes.
I loved this series in the beginning, and then for a few installments I was afraid I was losing interest but the last couple of installments has reignited my love for this series. I'm so happy about that... and so, yes I am definitely looking forward to the next in line!

4 stars!


ARC was provided by St. Martin's Press

Comments

Popular Posts