Broken Juliet (Starcrossed #2) by Leisa Rayven ~T's Review~


“So it's gonna be forever
Or it's gonna go down in flames
You can tell me when it's over
If the high was worth the pain
Cause we're young and we're reckless
We'll take this way too far
It'll leave you breathless
Or with a nasty scar”

So yeah, the lyrics to Taylor Swifts’ Blank Space kind of resonate with my feelings after reading the second and final book of Cassie and Ethan. What a ride! After that cliffhanger for an ending in Bad Romeo I was ready to find out how this would end with these two: forever or down in flames.

Again, we spend time in the juxtaposition of past and present. As I said before, I like present Ethan waaaaaay more than past Ethan. It’s enjoyable to see the man verses the boy. Bold determination is a sexy, heady thing.

It’s also sad and disheartening to see the once spirited and hopeful Cassie so jaded, broken and caustic about life. It’s an embattled balance of love, heartache, redemption and revitalization. Although, at times I hated the past journey, I needed to experience it to fully embrace the tenderness of the present.

“I got a blank space baby, and I'll write your name”
Couldn’t resist *Giggle snort*
4 Stars
 Buy on AMAZON
Release date - April 28th
* ARC provided by St. Martin's Press

Despite destroying Cassie Taylor twice before, Ethan Holt now wants another chance, but how can she possibly take him back knowing it could all go to hell again? And yet, knowing how much she still loves him, how can she not?
Second chances are hard to come by. Third chances, even more so.
Shakespeare once wrote, "The course of true love never did run smooth." Next to that quote, he should have included a picture of Cassie and Ethan

Comments

Popular Posts