Sweet on You by Laura Drake (Sweet on a Cowboy #3)


Now Available on AMAZON!!



A Love as Bold as a Texas Sunset . . .

Ex-army medic Katya Smith has always healed other people's pain. Now she has to deal with her own. Taking a job as an athletic trainer on the Pro Bull Riding circuit seems like the perfect escape from her grief—except Katya doesn't know anything about bulls, and even less about the tough men who ride them. She doesn't expect to fall for the sport, or for one tantalizing cowboy who tumbles her defenses.

For rodeo champion Cam Cahill, fifteen years of bucking bulls have taken their toll on his body. Before he retires, he wants a final chance at the world title—and he doesn't need some New Age gypsy telling him how to do his job. But when the stunning trainer with the magical hands repairs more than his worn muscles, everything changes. Soon Cam finds himself trying to persuade Katya to forgive her past so she can build a future . . . with him.


5 stars*****

Laura Drake always manages to put a smile on my face... I always learn something new when I read her books. In this book I learned about buckle bunnies. What in the world is a buckle bunny you ask?! Well, I'll let you read the book to find out... :)
All of the books in this series can be read as stand alones. Each one gives us something different but all take place in the world of bull riding. You really don't need to know anything about bull riding to enjoy these stories. I don't know ANYTHING about this sport but have thoroughly enjoyed this entire series. This author has a way of pulling you in and tugging at your emotions. I shed a few tears at the end of this book... but, my emotions are easily manipulated... I'm a big 'ole softy.
This book might just be my favorite in the series because it addresses and issue that touches close to home for me... PTSD. I have several family members that suffer from this and I thought the author did a fantastic job at helping us understand the depth of this condition through her character Katya.
I simply loved both Katya and Cam... they are both at an emotional crossroads in their lives. Katya is fighting to find herself again after experiencing a devastating trauma and loss of a friend while stationed in Afghanistan. Cam is having to face the end of his bull riding career and has no idea who he will be or what he will do now that he is facing a new life without the one thing that has always defined him.
Katya is a physical therapist and she comes from a family of gypsies. Healing has always been her specialty. Having lost her ability to heal due to the PTSD she finds herself working alongside these tough and fearless cowboys while she waits to see if she will be able to go back at some point to her military family. What she didn't expect was to grow to love this new type of family and to find love in the arms of her very own cowboy. I did love this one quote from Katya in the book:

"If my mother had ever met a sweet talking cowboy, she'd have warned me about them. I'm sure of it."

Cam has been burned by love in the past but finds himself drawn to the beautiful, courageous and talented Katya who has magic hands. She makes him feel emotions he never thought he could experience in the arms of a woman. I love how these two individuals, both coming from two completely different worlds, blend together and help each other heal. **sniff sniff** Just a stinking good cowboy love story!
Once again, as with this author's previous books, I always seem to find myself attached to a few of her supporting characters. And, in this one it was Buster, the young man who is just getting started in the bull riding circuit. I definitely related to his mom and how stressful it could be watching your son climb on top of a bull and risk his life. I have a son around the same age and I'd probably have a panic attack if he ever wanted to do such a thing! LOL...

This is a series for lovers of cowboys, lovers of slow moving romances... and, for those who don't mind having their emotions tugged on just a little. It's sometimes sweet, sometimes steamy BUT always real! I think that is the one thing I like most about Laura Drake's characters... you feel like you know them personally when it's all said and done. She is a whiz at writing feel good romances...

Another great installment... definitely recommend!

ARC was provided by Forever Publishing via netgalley


Read K's Reviews on other titles by Laura Drake:

The Sweet Spot
Nothing Sweeter

Her Road Home
The Reasons to Stay






Comments

Popular Posts