Darkness Bound by J.T. Geissinger (Night Prowler #5)


18812785
 
Release day is June 24th!
Pre-Order now on AMAZON!


 

I am a huge fan of this series... and out of the 5 books so far I do have my favorites... this is one of them!  I would not recommend reading this as a stand alone... it is better to start with book one and read the entire series so that you will know the back story of all of the characters.  
Book five was engaging, sexy, a little creepy and definitely warms the heart in all of the right places.  Jack and Hawk had superb chemistry together...  definitely one of my favorite couples in a while in paranormal romance. 

 Here is what I loved about this installment:

~The very cool Rain forest setting... I totally wanted to go there and live in the trees.
~The Queen! Oh my... she is fierce in this one... and we get to see her use her gifts which are so very cool.
~Morgan is back... yay! One of my favorite characters from a previous book in the series.
~The way the author changed my mind about Hawk... no, I didn't like him initially but by the end he totally won me over.
~Jack (Jacqueline)... A very strong willed, smart and fearless lady. Her back story got to me and for whatever reason I just really connected to her character.
~The Twins... OMG... they were so creepy... their gift emerges and it is a doozy!

Jack and Hawk were a perfect fit as a couple... and, even though they came together under unpleasant circumstances, sometimes love just happens and takes you by surprise and changes you in ways you never thought possible. I think I might have even got a little teary eyed there towards the end. I loved their love story... :)
The writing in this book was really, really good... drew me in and kept me engaged from beginning to end. Everything was very well balanced and I loved seeing the reappearance of characters we met in previous books.

There was a lot of progression in the overall story in this installment. War is definitely coming between Caesar's army and the Queen. I for one would definitely not mess with the Queen... or her offspring!

The final book in the series is coming out in the Fall... can't wait! Really excited to see what is in store for the future of the Ikati. Things are changing! See what happens when you put the ladies in charge? Three cheers for the Queen... :)

ARC provided by Montlake Romance via netgalley



Tough, smart, and seriously ambitious, reporter Jacqueline “Jack” Dolan despises the secretive clan of shape-shifters known as the Ikati—and has become determined to destroy them. After she writes an editorial arguing for their extermination and turns public opinion against them, the Ikati vow to fight back. They plot to send one of their own to seduce the reporter, then blackmail her into writing a retraction.

Women practically fall at the feet of hulking, handsome Hawk Luna, and Hawk relishes the idea of conquering and destroying the fiery redhead who’s caused so much trouble for his kind. The last thing he expects is to develop real feelings for her, but their liaison awakens a hunger in him that he cannot deny. He kidnaps Jack and brings her to his Amazon jungle colony, but the two lovers are soon embroiled in deadly colony politics and threatened by a looming global species war.

As the danger around them grows closer, Jack and Hawk’s forbidden passion may build a bridge between two ancient enemies—or cost them both their lives.


If you haven't read any of the books in this series...  here is a link to my review of book one so you can check it out...  Shadow's Edge



Comments

Popular Posts