The Blackstone Affair #4 is coming soon!!


Title: RARE AND PRECIOUS THINGS
(The Blackstone Affair Book 4)
Author: RAINE MILLER
hosted by: The Book Avenue



The fourth part in the New York Times bestselling series, The Blackstone Affair: A bright beginning for two damaged souls fighting for their hard-won love, and the promise of a new hope to secure their happily ever after.

Fresh from an idyllic honeymoon along the Italian coast, the Blackstones prepare for the birth of their precious baby and the challenges of settling into a new home. But things get complicated when specters from the past reappear to threaten the very foundation of their relationship. Ethan and Brynne will have to fight harder than ever for each other. Rare and Precious Things is the story of two people who both need the other in order to be complete, but learn just how "rare" their brand of love is when they have to risk everything in order to hold onto it.







To sum this book up... Brynne and Ethan finally come full circle, face their demons from the past and begin to embrace a future together full of hope and new beginnings with little Baby Blackstone. :)
There is a lot of smexy time in this book... A LOT!! So, if that's what you want you will not be disappointed. They are newlyweds though... so I guess that is to be expected.

I have always loved the back stories behind these two characters.  In particular Ethan because I have family members that suffer with PTSD and it is such a difficult thing to endure.  I truly admired the way Brynne was so patient and understanding with his needs and gave him the space he needed to cope with his PTSD without any pressure.  Ethan is also desperately trying to quit smoking the cigarettes that have always been his security blanket.  It's all baby steps to a slow recovery.  I so, so, love it when my favorite couples find their HEA.  I was very glad that Brynne was finally able to close the door as well on her traumatic past.  Once again, baby steps... 
For me, Brynne and Ethan's story is now fully complete and I read that there will be some spin off stories from some of the supporting characters. I hope so... in particularly with Ivan and Brynne's best friend.
I love the way Raine tied in her previous historical fiction novel... "His Perfect Passion"... into this one through the use of some hidden journals that Brynne found. Also makes me want to go pick that one up and read it. It has me curious... 
This book definitely gives us the full closure we needed for Ethan and Brynne and I was very satisfied. Of course, it helps that I have loved these two from the very beginning. Looking forward to what comes next in the world of Raine Miller!

1. At the beginning of this story Brynne I felt you were a lost soul, that you were wandering through life, that night at the Art studio when you spotted Ethan did you feel he could change your life in some way?

Honestly, no, I didn’t feel it at the art gallery, because I was so guarded then. But, that doesn’t mean I didn’t feel attracted to him, or interested. He was so intense, and I’d never met anyone like him before, so in that way, Ethan was remarkable to me. When he called me the next day, I had no trouble remembering him, now did I? *wink*

2. What do you think you would be doing right now if you have not met Ethan? 

I would still be in London working on my Master’s Degree, and still modeling probably. I am a simple girl at heart, so I doubt life would have been much different than it was before I met Ethan. I definitely wouldn’t have a husband or a baby or a big house in the country, that’s for sure.

3. Are you excited about having your baby and being a Mum, how do you feel you will cope?

I am so excited to be a Mum. As for coping, I have Ethan to help me. He is so organized and careful with planning every last detail, I know that between the two of us, we can figure it out. We are smart people. 

4. Now that you’re married and pregnant, how are you dealing with your insecurities?

Not much has changed in that regard. Being married and pregnant doesn’t make them go away. Everyone has insecurities. But I just take things one day at a time, and face up to what scares me, and go from there. I have Ethan, who loves me, and I know I am a strong person. I also have Dr. Roswell and I won’t be giving her up. I need those tools to help me…for myself. Everyone deserves the chance to improve themselves.

5. If you were granted one do over what would it be and why?

I wouldn’t have gone to that party…because of what happened to me there, I lost someone precious to me that I miss every day.

6. Lifting one of my fins uberly high. I have a question!
Why did you decide for the "serial killer"? (Simba Blackstone)


Well, Simba, I never really had much of a choice. Ethan is … he just doesn’t let up. *blows Simba a kiss*

7. Brynne...so much as happened to you in such a short time span...you met Ethan, fell in love, got engaged, got pregnant and now you are married...WOW...did you ever feel overwhelmed by all of this at some point...like things happening too fast, too quickly???

I have felt overwhelmed from day one with Ethan. Everything happened too quickly and too fast, but in the end, we made it all work.


Raine Miller has been reading romance novels since she picked up that first Barbara Cartland book at the tender age of thirteen. And it's a safe bet she'll never stop, because now she writes them too! Granted Raine's stories are edgy enough to turn Ms. Cartland in her grave, but to her way of thinking, a hot, sexy hero never goes out of fashion. A part-time teacher and writer of sexy romance stories every other chance she gets pretty much fills her days. She has a handsome prince of a husband, and two brilliant sons to pull her back into the real world if the writing takes her too far away. Her sons know she likes to write stories, but gratefully have never asked to read any, thank God! Raine loves to hear from readers and to chat about the characters in her books.






OTHER BOOKS IN THE SERIES


NAKED (BOOK 1)
Goodreads | Amazon US | B&N | Kobo 

ALL IN (BOOK 2)

EYES WIDE OPEN (BOOK 3)


CHERRY GIRL (BOOK 3.5)
Blackstone Affair spin-off, yet can be a standalone




Comments

Popular Posts