Misbehaving by Tiffany Reisz

18717753
 

Only one star for this one... 
 
I had really high expectations for this novella, but gosh this was boring. This was a great idea for some fun romantic humor but it just fell flat for me as a whole. I know that inserting shallow characters is an easy way to lay a foundation for some laughs and it's kind of an expectation when you read romantic humor BUT you also have to be able to like the characters or at least have some connection to them. I felt nothing for these two and they were so, so very shallow that it made me kind of not care at all if they even got together.
The sex scenes were too clinical and "by the book"... I know they were reviewing a sex positions manual but still... it just didn't work for me. I was pretty much checked out at the 50% mark... skimmed my way to the end. There were a few moments that made me giggle in the beginning but I just did not like the story as a whole and the way it was executed. So, one star it is...

ARC provided by Harlequin via netgalley
 
Read by "K"


Comments

Popular Posts