Searching for Someday by Jennifer Probst

17571266

Release day is 11/26!!

2 stars**
 
I really enjoyed the first part of this book. There were some really funny laugh out loud moments. My favorite was the scene where Kate's friend was able to bring 3 strong men down to their knees with the power of Yoga! I love a bit of romantic humor. But, this tone did not last throughout the entire book and for me it got a little boring somewhere around the point when Kate and Slade finally decided to go out together. I wasn't feeling their connection.

I think that this book will strongly appeal to those ladies out there who are:

a) dog lovers (I actually loved the dog more than the dude)
b) fans of the bossy, slightly aggressive, alpha male business man
c) love having references to modern day television shows and movies included in their books (I don't watch modern sitcoms so this doesn't appeal to me)
d) don't mind waiting until about the last 25% of the book for the couple to finally hook up (I don't mind this but when they finally hooked up it was odd)

I am not a fan of the bossy alpha male and I completely lost interest in Slade when he asked Kate to call him "counselor" while they were having sex. Sorry ladies... I am more of a "Krull the Warrior King" kind of gal... or maybe something like... "Take me God of Thunder... Take me!" I would probably die of boredom if my man wanted me to call him counselor...  it just doesn't seem erotic to me at all.  Maybe even a little emasculating. 
There were some really interesting supporting characters... I quite liked Kate's hippy mom who is a sex therapist. I would've liked to have spent more time with her... she was a hoot.
A two rating means that I thought it was just Ok... and that is exactly how it made me feel. But, I can definitely see others liking this more than I did.

ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for a review. 

K~
 
 
Kate has given up on love—at least for herself. She is both blessed and cursed with the ability to sense a romantic connection between two people—a gift that her family passed down for generations. When Kate launches her own matchmaking company, Kinnection, with her two best friends in a cozy New York town, she has to put aside her own romantic disasters to make her business a success.

But when a furious man stalks into her office and accuses her business of being a scam, Kate is given the ultimate challenge to prove herself. Slade puts himself in her hands and asks Kate to find him love. Enraged at his arrogance but stubbornly eager to prove herself, Kate agrees, dedicating herself to the journey of finding him love...only to find herself falling for him along the way.
 

Comments

  1. I haven't read any of her books but that last comment about the 25% certainly doesn't make me want to. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had been looking forward to reading this one and was disappointed that I didn't like it. I'm very picky about my leading men and how they behave! LOL... I'm sure others will like this one more but it just wasn't for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts