The Vampire With the Dragon Tattoo by Kerrelyn Sparks



ARC PROVIDED BY EDELWEISS/AVON

This was my first time reading a Kerrelyn Sparks book. Although I have seen her books in stores and online I just hadn’t gotten around to reading her work.

First opinion was this is kind of a throw back in terms of vampire lore. Compared to current vamp/PNR out today. Sparks book vamps can levitate and cannot be seen in mirrors. I felt a bit nostalgic while reading this.This is book 14 of her Love at Stake Series.

From the Edelweiss write up…..

When scientist Leah meets clumsy Scottish warrior vampire Dougal there is an instant connection. But when Leah's life is in danger Dougal must put his fears behind him and go on a daring rescue to save the woman of his dreams . . .

Leah and Dougal met under hilarious circumstances and I dare say it was the funniest moment of the book. Having never read this series I can tell right of that “Vanna” must be a running joke. I also fell right into this series and can honestly say you can read this as a standalone. Although there is a history with these characters I didn’t feel lost or out of the loop.

I found the story of Leah and Dougal sweet and endearing. The right amount of love, angst and suspense.

Solid 3 STARS
T~

Comments

Popular Posts