How to Discipline Your Vampire by Mina Vaughn

How To Discipline Your Vampire


2.5 stars
 
There were things I liked about this book and then there were things that just didn't work for me at all. When I looked at the cover and title I was actually looking forward to this book because I thought I was sure to get some laughs. But, it actually had a more serious tone and that's really not what I wanted. And, I couldn't really wrap my head around the idea of a male vampire being all submissive, nice and sweet. Nope, not feeling it... William was a wimp. Sorry! Just wasn't working for me.
This is a story about Cherise, a Domm that is particularly difficult to please. Mistress Cherry expects perfection from her subs and so much so she often ends up dismissing them before they've even begun their D/S relationship. And then we have a vampire named William. William has been searching for the perfect Domm. He needs to submit completely to someone who can successfully fulfill his need to "feel".
Cherise has a fetish for scenes. She expects her subs to organize very creative scenes for their play time which have to include costumes props etc... This being too mundane a task for most subs ends up becoming an easy and enjoyable task for William. And, this is probably the best part of the book... the scenes. They were fun, sexy and entertaining.
I was amused by the scenes for the most part but in all honesty that started to get boring towards the end and I .... skimmed... I hate it when the skimming starts because that's when I know that the story has pretty much already come to an end in my head and I'm just ready to be finished.
Whether or not you will like this book will depend entirely on what you prefer in regards to romance. This book is heavy on roll playing and light on the "toys". And, if you prefer the male dominant persona... this book is definitely not for you.

ARC provided by netgalley in exchange for a review...
 
K~

Comments

Popular Posts