Affliction by Laurell K Hamilton

Okay how do I put this gently? My experience while reading Affliction was.....

YAY LKH new book!
Anita is back in the office let's get started. Oh no Micha troubles lets go grab Nathaniel and comfort our boy.
Time to meet the family.
Loooooooong litany of relationship explanation to EVERYONE WE MEET.
Bigoted cops
Skim read
Skim read
Skim read
Backwoods religious zealots
Long litany of relationship explanation
Oh wait we are just like you! Too bad you've been gone so long.
Skim read
Skim read
Finally some action!
Skim read
Oh Edward's here!
More backwoods religious zealots
More long litany of relationship explanation
Skim read
Skim read
Skim read
Well hello Jean Claude So happy you showed up!
Skim read
Skim read
Skim read

Need I go on? I am sad. I think I am going to have to break up with this long running series and I hate it. But I refuse to spend more money and not get a good experience. I just felt I was being railed at about what is an acceptable relationship between people. I get it. I understand it. Hell I even support it. But at what point do you stop the dialogue and get the heck on with the story.

I want to give one star but considering our past together I will give you two. Who knows maybe after some time apart we can give it another try.

I need ice cream.
2 STARS
T~

Comments

Popular Posts