Entwined with You by Sylvia Day

I had to let my mind marinate a bit before writing this review. Not sure how to word what I really wanted to say here.

Book One - Bared to you, I gave three stars. Like many others I had just finished Fifty Shades of Grey and was looking to ride the train a little longer. I was good, not amazing but good.

Book Two- Reflected in You, I gave an astonishing five stars because I simply could not put it down. Yes I was a blurry eyed reader at 3 am just striving to get to the end.

Book Three- Hhhhmmmmm........... I had no idea going in that the Crossfire series was changed from a three book series to now a five book series. Queue light bulb! Now I get it. Not gonna comment to much on that topic..... maybe.

I felt like EWY started pretty strong. Right where we left off. I didn't realize just how much I missed these guys. I also forgotten how much I liked the natural conversation these two have when they spar with one another.

"...he murmured. "Of course, you're my favorite ride."
"Aw, that's sweet, baby. And you're my favorite joystick."

"Can I take advantage of you in the limo?" His eyes laughed at me. "By all means, angel mine."

I found myself highlighting so much of the sweet and sexy comments between these two. Something I didn't do with the first two books.

"Angel, a crowd of millions couldn't hide
you from me. I found you once. I'll always find you."

"There wasn't a second that passed when you weren't on my mind. You own me, Eva. Wherever I am, whatever I'm doing, I belong to you."


So the major plot/storyline gets resolved in EWY. We aren't left hanging toooooo much. There is a plot twist/change. (I kinda feel that happened to enable another book(s))

We get a real good look into secondary characters. Many more subplots going on in the background (again I think to allow for more books)

But to get back to Gideon and Eva we have no relationship cliffhanger this time around. And THAT I was thrilled over. I think they were solid in EWY. Grown up and smart even. I loved them as a couple and the "team of us" they showed each other.

I am not going into to much detail as the book was just released yesterday and I want to be relatively spoiler free.

I am going to give a strong 3.75 Stars (reverting to Star Search scoring on this one)

I wanted say I am not sure if I will be buying the next one but come on who are we kidding? When it comes out I will be pre-ordering and reading the teasers along with everyone else cause lawdy have ya heard Gideon?

"I look at you, angel, and I want you so badly. I want to be with you, listen to you, talk to you. I want to hear you laugh and hold you when you cry. I want to sit next to you, breathe the same air, share the same life. I want to wake up to you like this every day forever. I want you."
T~

To read the first two chapters of Entwined with you click HERE

Comments

Popular Posts