Unbreak Me by Lexi Ryan


Unbreak Me
I feel as if I just went on a mini journey. The writing style of this author had me invested and immediately pulled into the story. You know that prickly feeling you get when you realize, “oh hell this is not gonna be good” not the story but the situation within the story. Yep, that was me. Grab some coffee and chocolate and settle down because it's gonna be hard to put this one down.

Unbreak me is told through three POV’s. Maggie, Will and Asher. Not so much a love triangle as a road littered with broken hearts. Maggie’s being the one shattered hardest and repeatedly.

The family dynamic is maddeningly dysfunctional in a traditional way. A staunch Catholic Mother, an uber spiritual grandmother. *snicker* favorite grandmother Maggie exchange….

“But Maggie, your aura does seem terribly dark. You should come by my office sometime this week and we can do a cleansing.”

“My aura can’t help it, Gran. It feels fat in anything but black.”

You realize quickly that an injustice has been done to Maggie and a family and community have failed her. Asher the outsider can see it plain as day. Ignoring the flippant remarks from Maggie and her physical way of dealing with issues he pushes her in the most seductive ways. It’s what she knows and how she handles things. Asher will use it against her. Until she understands….

“It’s not just sex. That’s why I won’t sleep with you. I won’t let this be just sex.”
--
“why me?”
--
“Sweetheart, when you know the answer to that question, we won’t be talking anymore.”
I pulled back and blinked “You’ll be gone?”
His lips quirked. “ I’ll be inside you.”

Unbreak Me is what I call sticky candy. Yes it’s good, but it tends to stick with you after you’re done. Replaying over and over until you grab it and re-read. There are lessons in love and forgiveness of others and ourselves.

“We’re more than the sum of our mistakes.”

From the Cover……

I’m only twenty-one and already damaged goods. A slut. A failure. A disappointment to my picture-perfect family as long as I can remember. I called off my wedding to William Bailey, the only man who thought I was worth fixing. A year later, he’s marrying my sister. Unless I ask him not to…

“If you shatter, I’ll find you…”

But now there’s Asher Logan, a broken man who sees the fractures in my façade and doesn’t want to fix me at all. Asher wants me to stop hiding, to stop pretending. Asher wants to break down my walls. But that means letting him see my ugly secrets and forgiving him for his.

With my past weighing down on me, do I want the man who holds me together or the man who gives me permission to break?

Beautiful, poignant and captivating. Also sexy, breath taking and swoon worthy.
T~

ARC given by AToMR by the author for an honest review
Release date May 27, 2013

Comments

Popular Posts