*T's Review of Twice Tempted



Twice Tempted by Jeaniene FrostDo you watch Big Bang Theory? I do and Vlad is the Sheldon Cooper of the vamps to me. Well….in a sexy kick ass kind of way. That’s how I explain it all to the people who have voiced a hard to love opinion of him. BAZINGA BITCHES!

I didn’t realize just how much I had missed Jeaniene’s world and writing style until I started reading. I’m all “Hey girl hey!! I missed you. How have you been?” Seems to long between books and I forget how much I enjoy this author. Okay back to the book.

Vlad has to man up and bring it in this one. Leila isn’t putting up with his emotional or rather unemotional relationship views anymore. She walks out and an unfortunate chain of events makes Vlad realize he has some things to do to make all this right between them. Don’t expect hearts and flowers cause that aint our boy. This is where some have issues with him. But in his Sheldon Cooper like mind he is giving hearts and flowers……

Thus his words…… A little spoilery so beware……

“I despise flowery speech since those who use it are usually guilty of the worst betrayals later. That and the type of life I’ve lived have made me incapable of saying the pretty words you deserve to hear, yet if I made you a vampire, you’d feel my emotions as clearly as I hear your thoughts now.”

Then he drew my hand to his chest, placing it over his heart.

“I never turned any of my previous lovers because I didn’t want them to feel how little I cared. You I loved, yet you left me because I wouldn’t verbalize my emotions. That will probably happen again, but if you could feel what you mean to me, Leila” —his voice deepened— “words wouldn’t matter.”

Yep. I gottcha buddy!

On the flipside I really missed the humor that is so prevalent in the other books. I wanted a rowdy back and forth with Bones. And there was such a great opportunity missed in this story to have one. With everyone gathering at one point WHERE THE HELL WAS MY IAN? Again a great opportunity missed for witty banter. 

T~

4 stars 

This reference lead me to this LOL! Who knew?


 Check out K's review HERE








Comments

Popular Posts